Friday, May 1, 2009

Spring is Here....Sort of

Hi Everyone!

Again, it's been awhile. Sorry about that. Spring is just such a busy time. On top of creating some dazzling new baubles for the season (I am thrilled to see that chunky jewelry and tons of gorgeous colors are still part of the latest trends), I am busy training for the Danskin Triathlon that takes place here at the end of September. My partners in crime for the race are a friend I have known since kindergarten, her sister and Marta (my lovely model, friend and rookie bikerider :) ). My biggest concern is that we are going to have to do the swimming portion of the event in Lake Michigan. For those of you who are not from around here, Lake Michigan is barely warm enough for swimming in July...by September only Polar Bear Club members are brave enough to dip their toes in. I'm really hoping that the Danskin event planners have a better option in mind. I just keep telling myself that it's for a good cause (Breast Cancer).

I have a couple of exciting events coming up. Next week I am participating in a fashion show and luncheon at the Chicago Yacht Club. Unfortunately, this event is for members only and not open to the public. Bummer. The other event will take place in my home on May 15th and promises to be a fun filled evening that includes food, fashion, friends and of course, wine. Along with my baubles, there will be other designer jewelry, clothing and accessories available for purchase. And not to worry, although you will feel like you are in an exquisite boutique for the evening, we are all aware of the gloomy economy and promise you loads of fantastic deals to put a "spring" back in your step. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment